3 port valve upside down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
are they ok to mount with the in pipe facing up, so the actuator will be on the bottom?

Sponsored Links
in pipe being flow from boiler?
if this is at the bottom then its fine.
not really a prob how its mounted.

well the flow from the boiler is coming out the concrete floor, up. across for about 200mm, combined feed and vent attached here going up to loft. then the pipe goes down through pump and into 3 port valve.

well the flow from the boiler is coming out the concrete floor, up. across for about 200mm, combined feed and vent attached here going up to loft. then the pipe goes down through pump and into 3 port valve.

pain to work on if its too close to the floor.

Sponsored Links
are they ok to mount with the in pipe facing up, so the actuator will be on the bottom?

Usually no.

The gland packing starts to leak after some years of use and you do not want the water to drip into the electric actuator. Read the manufacturer's installation instructions.

Usually no.

The gland packing starts to leak after some years of use and you do not want the water to drip into the electric actuator. Read the manufacturer's installation instructions.

agreed.
its not difficult to alter the orientation.

One wonders why you dont want to follow the manufacturers instructions.

If its an open vented system the the lower pressure willl make leaking less likely than on a sealed system.

However, one wonders why anyone would consider fitting one in a less reliable position.

Tony

Would i have asked the question if i didn;t have dealts? The only reason i questioned it, is because it would save piping up from the floor, upto vent and feed, then back down with the pump somewhere, then up again into the bottom of 3 port valve.

i've done a drawing so ill use photo bucket now.

heatinglayoutSmall.jpg

You do not need the bypass valve. In fact it will never do its work as one port in the motorised valve is always open.

Cannot see anything else wrong in the drawing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back