3 port valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I installed my own central heating about 24 years ago, never done it before, worked great right away and still is. One problem 3 port valve I am on about my 3rd or 4th valve in them years, every thing works fine but after a few years when it is getting to winter on goes the heating side and the valve sticks. It's really annoying any Idea's please. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Which make valves are you using?

What do you mean by "valve sticks"?

Hi, we put the heating on the water is of, then when we turn the heating off the leaver in the valve stick and the valve buzzes.

When you change the 3 port valve do you check the valve that it is driving? in my experience if this gets tight it eats the motor. Change the actuator part if it's tight, if it's a later Honeywell you can change just that part rather than the complete assembly

Sponsored Links
When you change the 3 port valve do you check the valve that it is driving? in my experience if this gets tight it eats the motor. Change the actuator part if it's tight, if it's a later Honeywell you can change just that part rather than the complete assembly

Hi Jajodu, just check that all OK but good idea. I have taken the cover off temporarily to see just what is happening. Cheers

I'd still take a good look at the rubber ball valve , you would need to drain down to that point though.

Hi D_Hailsham, haven't tried turning the hot water on & off again yet.

Hi Jajodu, where is rubber ball valve??
Remove the three port head, underneath it is the valve, you need to remove the screws and lift it out. Drain down first!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back