3 storey Townhouse heating advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title suggests I have a 3 storey townhouse.
GF. Utility room: Garage and Downstairs WC. 4 Rads 2 controlled with TRV's (Utility/WC)

Middle floor: Living room kitchen and hallway.

Top Floor:floor bedrooms and Bathroom

Currently the GF is much cooler than the other 2 floors but as we are making the living room and kitchen open plan the Cold air ( I know warm air rises but potentially the living room will be colder as it stands) could impact the temperature in the living room.
Would you recommend putting the room stat downstairs (currently in the living room) and use TRV on the rads in the living room to compensate and regulate the heat in the living room?
I am going to install Hive heating and hot water stat but I don't have a dual zone heating system.

Sponsored Links
Following with interest. I know open plan is very trendy these days but it seems like a heating nightmare, especially in a multi-story property.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back