3 to 2 Light switch

Sponsored Links
I realy dont think they are sold any more. certainly not 2-gang double width. Sorry. You might be best taking the double back box out, and fitting a single, for a standard 2-gang switch.

Crafty said:
I realy dont think they are sold any more. certainly not 2-gang double width. Sorry. You might be best taking the double back box out, and fitting a single, for a standard 2-gang switch.
indeed, or use grid switches as i mentioned before, would end up costing though tbh.

angusmaclellan said:
Hi all,
Thanks for your replies. It is exactly as ELZ4742 says. Is's a large plate with 3 switches spaced out on it, about the size of a double plug socket.
is it a single unit or is it a grid type system (it'll be obvious if its a grid type system as soon as you take the front plate off)

if its a grid type system post a picture, someone may recognise it and be able to tell you where you can get a blank module for it.

if its not already a grid system or its a grid system for which parts are unavailible then afaict your only option is to install a new grid based unit which will cost a fair bit more than a normal lightswich (arround a tenner afaict)

Sponsored Links
im pretty sure its not the grid hes talking about, mk used to do a double plated 3 gang switch plate, with rocker style switches.

@ OP, I'd love to see a photo either way.

I've never seen a 3 gang non grid switch on a twin width plate.

i see them quite often me ole mate, usually in old council houses, ill take a pic next time i see one ;)

whats OP btw?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back