3 to 2 Light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have just moved into my house and currently have a light switch with 3 switches in my living room. Only 2 of the switches are connected to lights though. Does anyone know where i can find a light switch the size of a 3 switch but with only 2 switches on it?
Kind regards

Sponsored Links
any electrical wholesaler, or diy place.

but do note which wire goes where before you change it

yes. presumably he gets fed up with people pressing the wrong swicth

Sponsored Links
grid switches will be your best bet, not sure if they do a 2 gang in a double sized plate but theres always the option of using a blanking grid switch.

ELZ4742 said:
grid switches will be your best bet, not sure if they do a 2 gang in a double sized plate but theres always the option of using a blanking grid switch.
You dont get it. 3 gang and 2 gang are single-width accessories. :rolleyes: :LOL:

my understanding was that it was a double plate with 3 switches on not a single plate with 3 on.

like this but with 3 obviusly

K4874WHI.JPG

but he means this i presume

K4873WHI.JPG

and just to show that i DO get it

K3633WHI.JPG

No need to get narky. I've never seen a double width 3 gang switch, except in grid, so i assumed they dont exist (unless someone comes on here and proves me wrong?) and whats the chances of him having grid switches?

im not getting narky mate, just dont appreciate being patronised is all

Hi all,
Thanks for your replies. It is exactly as ELZ4742 says. Is's a large plate with 3 switches spaced out on it, about the size of a double plug socket.
Regards,
Angus

now wheres that smilie............oh yes, there it is...
icon_smile_approve.gif

sorry, couldnt resist ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back