30mm Chipboard Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

I've just been merrily ripping up our chipboard flooring looking for a possible leak, only to find that it would appear replacement 30mm T&G chipboard is not readily available!

So, in an attempt to avoid having to pack out the difference, anyone know where I can get 30mm chipboard from, ideally down central South or somewhere that will deliver nationwide?

... or offer advice on best alternative solution?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Sponsored Links
Hi. Thanks for the reply. It is potentially swollen but I did take measurements from several different areas, and some of the boards look brand new (no staining). Seems approx 30mm all round. :(

Thinking worse case I would replace with T&G floorboards, (if I can find 30mm thickness) but would ideally like to source chipboard, cheaper (I assume/hope) and quicker.

Thanks again,
Steve

Sponsored Links
Thanks for response. I'll have a dig around for that. If I can't find it, any reason why I shouldn't consider a 12mm general purpose chipboard with a 18mm flooring grade on top? That gives me my required 30mm and relatively cheap.

Cheers.

Sure, you can do it that way if you want.....just make sure all is well secured to avoid creaks.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back