32 x 28mm coupler/reducer ? is there such a thing ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to connect an existing 28mm copper waste pipe to a 32mm plastic waste pipe or 'S' trap on a wash-hand basin.
Is there such a thing ?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
I need to connect an existing 28mm copper waste pipe to a 32mm plastic waste pipe or 'S' trap on a wash-hand basin.
Is there such a thing ?

Is there such a thing as a 28mm copper waste pipe. I think not . ;)

Thanks guys,

I am replacing a wash basin. It already has 28mm copper outlet pipe that goes down to - & into - the concrete floor.

It did have a brass trap, which was purpose made as an adaptor from a 32mm (or I guess it was 1¼” in those days) waste to 28mm copper (1⅛").

At some popint, I may replace it all, but at the moment I need to connect the 28mm copper to 32mm plastic.

I was hoping that there were push-fit couplers of 28mm that would slip onto the copper & a reducer from 32 to 28mm to take me to the trap size - but that would be far to simple !

Is there anything on the market to do this please ?

F

Sponsored Links
At some popint, I may replace it all, but at the moment I need to connect the 28mm copper to 32mm plastic.

As Slugbaby says; ;)

As I say "it isn't an option at the moment", but thanks for trying.

F

As I say "it isn't an option at the moment", but thanks for trying.

No, you are trying. I`m telling you how it should be done by a professional plumber. ;)

Thanks for asking. :rolleyes:

I'll re ask the question for other readers.

Is there a fitting that will allow me to connect a 28mm copper pipe to 32mm plastic pipe ?

cheers

I'll re ask the question for other readers.

Is there a fitting that will allow me to connect a 28mm copper pipe to 32mm plastic pipe ?

cheers

Ask all you like, I can`t see any reason for you to connect to a copper waste pipe, which is normally too small to take a hand basin, are you stupid :?:

Bambergaspipe:
Why waste your time writing banal retorts when it's obvious that you can't help me ?
I don't care whether you can see a reason or not. That's not the issue.

I've asked for help/advice and you've given your version - for which I thank you.

As to my own intellect, I won't bore you or other readers with my academic qualities and achievements - but will add that it dosn’t give me the right to make crass remarks about other people – of any standing.

Hugh Jakeak:
Cheers mate. That’s looking something like. A couple of things to look into,,,,,

Thanks all.

Got it sorted thanks.

I got a 28mm compression to male threaded adapter and a 32mm plastic Female threaded adapter/insert that screws straight on to it.

thanks for reading.

F

(PS: thanks for the positive PM's re comments here.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back