32mm copper pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is 32 mm COPPER pipe generally available? I have searched on the internet but most suppliers seem to only have plastic. Its for a Sanivite discharge pipe through a duct. I guess plastic would be too flexible and would sag especially as the discharge is hot water.

Thanks

H

Sponsored Links
Copper is available in 28mm or 35mm outside diameter sizes. But 32mm plastic waste pipe should be fine for Sanivite discharge. What do the instructions say?

I`ve got 1.3 metres of 35mm copper in my garage,and bloody cold it is in there too :LOL: So if you`re really desperate, give us an eMail.it`s in my profile ;)

Nige F said:
I`ve got 1.3 metres of 35mm copper in my garage,and b****y cold it is in there too :LOL: So if you`re really desperate, give us an eMail.it`s in my profile ;)

Thanks for the offer but I need approx 6 metres :(

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
Copper is available in 28mm or 35mm outside diameter sizes. But 32mm plastic waste pipe should be fine for Sanivite discharge. What do the instructions say?

The instructions say 32 mm plastic or copper. I was going for copper because of its rigidity over plastic.

Saying that I have never used plastic so don't know how rigid it is :oops:

I have a run of about 2.5 metres through a duct. I intended to attach ***something*** to the pipe to maintain the required drop.

No need for copper, just use PVC pipe, the stuff you can solvent weld, which is widely available, Wickes etc. Usually grey. Not the floppy one you also sometimes see in diy sheds!
It doesn't sag.

I intended to attach ***something*** to the pipe to maintain the required drop.
Pipe clips!

It doesn't sag.

I intended to attach ***something*** to the pipe to maintain the required drop.

Pipe clips!

Thanks for the advice. The duct is not accessible except at the ends of course :LOL: :LOL: so I will have to construct the run then feed it into the duct. I thought of wood blocks in graduated heights attached to the pipe somehow.

Ah! pipe clips!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back