32mm to 40mm under sink part which one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is it a kitchen sink or a bathroom basin ?
Kitchen sink will not have a 32mm trap?
However any compression reducing coupler 40/32 mm will join the two pipes.

Sponsored Links
Just moved in with my other half to a new house.Funnily the previous occupant had butler sink being used in the bathroom as a basin with black silicone around it.Maybe he was trying to get some retro look or something.I am not sure why ?However i have now changed the original title to basin for future readers.Thanks.

DOH.....all plumbing done and when turned the tap on it turns out there is a weak spot underneath the basin itself.It drips.

I cannot take the basin back as it has been more than a year i purchased it.Is there any epoxy resin i could purchase to fix it.

Last edited:
Is there a crack in the basin ? Where exactly is the leak ?

The crack is in the body of the basin just behind the waste hole underneath.It looks like a manufacturing defect to me, as it is in a round shape and have tiny holes.When the tap is on it drips heavily from this.I would say it is the size of 1p coin.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

drip is where it leaks.It is a round hole and the area is just above the overflow on the basin.If i remove the basin waste then this area is hidden from above.

I cannot take the basin back as it has been more than a year i purchased it.

From that photo, it appears it would be a manufacturing defect, proven that it existed before with photo, provided you have your receipt or proof of purchase (bank statement) then you would be able to return.

uploaded again.

Attachments

• 6C9ABC02-2238-42B9-AEDF-D00F997E7637.jpeg
    6C9ABC02-2238-42B9-AEDF-D00F997E7637.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 397

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back