4.5 inch finger parquet - supplier?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Having had some building work done, I'm now trying to find some flooring to match the existing in our '60's house. It's the very common 'basketweave' or 'finger' pattern parquet which consists of 4.5 inch squares each of which is made up of 5 fingers of timber. It's approx 3/8 of an inch thick.

Does anyone still make this? Or can anyone suggest a supplier of reclaimed parquet which would have this size. It doesn't seem to be posh enough for most of the reclamation yards!

I'm not 100% sure what wood it is - suspect Teak. Doesn't seem dark enough for Mahogany, and the grain isn't quite right for oak.

I only need about 3-4 sqm.

Cheers,
Stan.

Sponsored Links
I saw this stuff in B&Q last year and yes it was Teak with a mesh backing. other than that try googling "teak mosaic"

Or have a look here, some original tropical species are hard to get hold of though. Teak and Merbau come and go - depending on the supply (and there is a high demand, specially from sustainable sources)

Stan,
I am having an extension done to our dining room, so I am looking for some 7m sq of light colour 5 finger parquet floor. If we can't source the
right amount, we are thinking of selling off about 5m sq and buy new ones
to cover the whole area. Imperial and metric is a problem.

Sponsored Links
Has any one got a couple of m2 of teak 5 fingered parquet , tile size 477 x477 4 squares by 4 squares of 5 fingers

You'll be hard pressed to source these - no one can get hold of new ones nowadays. Too much demand for teak etc from sustainable sources and too low supply from sustainable sources for mosaic - more money can be made supplying the furniture trade

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back