45 degree join for laminate worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

What is the best way of joining two worktops at 45degree angle?
is a butt join ok?

regards

Sponsored Links
Generally required a 1/2in plunge router (1500 watts is the bare minimum, 1800to 200 watts better), a guide bush (normally 30mm), a cutter (normally 1/3in x 50mm long in the UK), a worktop joint template jig and a couple of trestles. That's for a mason's mitre joint where the worktops meet at 90° or 45°

Last edited by a moderator:
45°?

That will be a normal mitre, but the rear edge of the worktops wont align unless one is not as wide as the other

Sponsored Links
the rear edge of the worktops wont align unless one is not as wide as the other

You've lost me there woody! Why wouldn't the rear align?

To join at 45°, you just cut them at 22½° :confused:

Masons mitre but it's an expensive game if you don't have the kit. You'll be wanting a decent router, with a 30mm guide plate, and a worktop jig.

I used it as an excuse to treat myself to a proper 1/2in Dewalt router (Expensive!), but I've already used it several times since so I've no doubt it's a great tool to own.

Anyway, as a DIYer I found it a bit daunting especially as I didn't have much excess worktop but I watched some YouTube, measured 500 times, cut twice and I'm very happy with the result

Attachments

• 20210320_175236.jpg
    20210320_175236.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 177

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back