??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) If Mr Smith's peacock lays an egg in Mr Jones' yard, who owns the egg?

2) Is noon AM or PM?

3) What is the number eleven thousand eleven hundred and eleven divided by three? (no fractions).

4) I asked the assistant in the hardware store, "How much will one cost?" "Twenty cents" she replied. "And how much will twelve cost?" I asked. "Forty cents." she replied. "OK, I'll take one hundred and twelve." How much did I pay?

5) Do you say "Loo-iss-vill" is the capital of Kentucky, or do you say "Loo-ee-vill" is the capital of Kentucky?

6) If water going down the drain/toilet goes counter-clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere, in which direction would a toilet go on the equator?
:D :D

Sponsored Links
empip said:
1) If Mr Smith's peacock lays an egg in Mr Jones' yard, who owns the egg?

2) Is noon AM or PM?

3) What is the number eleven thousand eleven hundred and eleven divided by three? (no fractions).

4) I asked the assistant in the hardware store, "How much will one cost?" "Twenty cents" she replied. "And how much will twelve cost?" I asked. "Forty cents." she replied. "OK, I'll take one hundred and twelve." How much did I pay?

5) Do you say "Loo-iss-vill" is the capital of Kentucky, or do you say "Loo-ee-vill" is the capital of Kentucky?

6) If water going down the drain/toilet goes counter-clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere, in which direction would a toilet go on the equator?

1) peahens lay eggs

3) 4037 eleven hundred is 1100!!!

4) 60 cents for three door numbers

5)Frankfort is the capital of Kentucky

The official reply though I am not sure that is what you want

AM and PM - What is Noon and Midnight?

AM and PM start immediately after Midnight and Noon (Midday) respectively.

This means that 00:00 AM or 00:00 PM (or 12:00 AM and 12:00 PM) have no meaning.

Every day starts precisely at midnight and AM starts immediately after that point in time e.g. 00:00:01 AM (see also leap seconds)

To avoid confusion timetables, when scheduling around midnight, prefer to use either 23:59 or 00:01 to avoid confusion as to which day is being referred to.

It is after Noon that PM starts e.g. 00:00:01 PM (12:00:01)

empip said:

It alternates between clock and anti-clock directions of course....

Sponsored Links
Nice questions! Answers IMHO as follows.

1) In law it would be Mr. Smith, and Mr Jones must return it when requested, but Mr Smith would be trespassing if he collected it by stepping onto Mr Jones' land without invitation or permission.

2) Both noon and midnight are neither am nor pm. The abbreviation "pm" means, literally, "post meridiem", and translates to mean the period between noon and midnight.

3) Pretending for a moment that you've used a valid way of stating a number, which you haven't, the answer is 4037.

4) I have no idea.

5) Clearly I would say neither, because the capital of Kentucky is Frankfort.

6) A toilet would be travelling at zero velocity relative to the surface of the Earth.

1) PeaHENS lay eggs not Peacocks !!

2) Neither.

3) 11000 + 1100 + 11 = 12111 ÷ 3 = 4037

4) 60c For house number "112"....... 20c a digit.

5) Frankfort is the cap. of Kent'.

6) Toilets don't usually 'go' in any direction do they? :D :D

Try this .. no peeking at the answer ;)
A father and his son are involved in a car accident, as a result of which the son is rushed to hospital for emergency surgery. The surgeon looks at him and says "I can't operate on him, he's my son". Explain.

And this ..

Three switches outside a windowless room are connected to three light bulbs inside the room. How can you determine which switch is connected to which bulb if you may enter the room only once?

Source :- http://eluzions.com/Puzzles/Trick/

empip said:
A father and his son are involved in a car accident, as a result of which the son is rushed to hospital for emergency surgery. The surgeon looks at him and says "I can't operate on him, he's my son". Explain.

The surgeon is looking at his son ( the father) and his grandson ( the son)

He cannot operate on the father - his son :D :D

empip said:
1) PeaHENS lay eggs not Peacocks !!
True, but the wrong answer, because your question stipulated the hypothetical scenario in which the peacock laid an egg.

empip said:
There's nothing to explain. Why could the surgeon not be his mother?

empip said:
And this ..
Er, just open the door and look inside while operating the switches.

empip said:
Three switches outside a windowless room are connected to three light bulbs inside the room. How can you determine which switch is connected to which bulb if you may enter the room only once?
leave one switch off, turn one on for a while then off, and switch the last one on, go into the room, the lamp that's on is controlled by the switch that's on, touch the other two lamps one will be warm and the other cold so you now know which is which.

Sponsored Links
Back