5 Million Candlepower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
A few weeks ago i bought a fair sized torch with 5 million candle power.
In case puppy needs to go out during the night.
Only have it on for couple of minutes,but after 2 or 3 nights it needs charging,does this sound right?
It charges for about 6 hours or so.
Does anyone own one of these monsters.
Cheers
Brian :eek:

Sponsored Links
why not buy a smaller torch?

or do you point it skywards and wave it about to let the world know your dog is having a dump

Sponsored Links
It probably has a small sealed lead acid battery. If it does, do adhere to the charging time as the cheepo chargers supplied with these torches will fry the battery over time. If you need to leave it on charge buy one of the bulk/float SLA charger from the likes of Maplin and that will maximise the life of the battery.

I have one of these and was annoyed to find that it is far brighter than I need and lasts such a short time.

the bulb is like a car headlight but it might be possible to fit a smaller car/motorcycle bulb with a bit of tinkering.

nice big rechargable battery inside, I thought it was going to be useful :(

fire extinguishers, i bet thats a bit of a gas? just dont start foaming at the mouth about my powder jokes. i should mention i have watered them down. I know, you want to smother me with a blanket

I can recommend Fenix torches. I have one of these and it is seriously bright.
http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/led_torches/fenix_p2d_q5.html
I use it for properly inspecting the inside of fire extinguishers (and also annoying the girls at work with the strobe setting :oops: ).

I've gotta thank woody for pointing me in the right directon a while back. :D //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67665[/QUOTE]

C'mon, admit it, you just went for the "military style belt holder" didn't you ? I bet you hold it slightly over your head in American Cop show fashion as well :LOL:

Oh, yeah, BTW I've got one of those 5 million horsepower jobbies, it's sh*te.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back