50 Amp MCB compatible with Wylex Miniature MCBs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having upgraded my shower to 10.3kW, I need to upgrade the breaker from 40A to 45 or 50 Amp(the 40A one is on the margins and keeps tripping out.) Unfortunately Wylex only make miniature MCBs up to 40A. Does anyone know of higher rated compatible MCBs?

Sponsored Links
Thanks to Breezer for the advice. The Screwfix breaker you identified was precisely the one I purchased. Unfortunately it is not compatible with the Wylex miniature system, hence my query.
Cheers Graham

Thanks to Breezer for the advice. The Screwfix breaker you identified was precisely the one I purchased. Unfortunately it is not compatible with the Wylex miniature system, hence my query.
Cheers Graham

Sponsored Links
sorry about that, try this

it does look similar but it does say wylex, i just did a quick search and there are different types of wylex mcb, it may be worth going to the home page of where i posted and emailing them

Thanks Breezer, my supplier had already checked with Wylex or his Wylex supplier, but I may try contacting them direct for any suggestions. I will probably end up fitting another small consumer box, which will end up costing as much as the shower!
Cheers Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back