500 mb of data

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is 500 mb of data enough for a mobile phone per month for a phone for internet use

Sponsored Links
When Mrs Tapir and I were upgrading to smart phones, this was the question I asked, and decided that the only way to find out, was to monitor mobile internet use for a couple of months. Turns out, we both use home and work wifi, so that doesn't come out of our 500mb allowance. Mrs Tapir drives to work, so no mobile internet there, and I use it sporadically on my train commute.

I guess it depends on how heavy you * think * you'll use mobile internet.

500mb is likely to be enough, if you find it's not, then either pay the difference each month, or look for a bolt on.

Is 500mb of data the same as say watching a 90 minute movie or is it your time spent reading various items such as autotrader , news etc ??

Is 500mb of data the same as say watching a 90 minute movie or is it your time spent reading various items such as autotrader , news etc ??

500mb is everything that is not a phone call, SMS, MMS -so streamed movies, youtube, web pages, emails, any data that an app or game will send.

If you have wifi at home or work, you can at least minimise your big downloads (eg installing an app directly from the phone) by using this.

Sponsored Links
all I use it for is random checks on facey and bbc news and stuff, I get 1 gig and will seriously doubt getting close to 200mb in a month

But........if I was out all day who knows how many times I would check it

500mb seems ample if your not use your phone for tethering

Back