6” posts base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building a porch with 6” posts. I was planning on concreting them into the ground 18” deep like you would fence posts, but thinking may be better precasting some pads above ground then putting the posts on and building a brick plinth round it? Also seen various brackets available, mainly in 4” tho. Anyone done this and know a decent way? Appearance wise I’m not bothered if there is a visible plinth/base or if the post just goes into the ground.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Do you build a brick plinth around it after or something? How do you hide it? They only go to 100mm but guess I could use with 150mm post

Sponsored Links
They do one with s 110mm flage which is for 6"post I set the bracket just below ground level so hidden then have post just above ground to stop any damp so nothing really to hide

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back