69.00 for an engineer to come out before he does out.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My glass needs replacing on my oven door its still in one piece, its the inner glass, not sure how it fits back in think it was on there with some kind of special glue. Rang the name of the manufacturer they said an engineer could come out a charge of £69 and thats before he has done anything, Does anyone know if there are other sort of these engineers who could do it that wouldn't be so expensive. I can't seeing it be an expensive job to put it back in place its the charge of coming out..Think it was indesit company.

Sponsored Links
If you remove the oven door and take it to a cooker shop then I am sure that they will fit a new glass for you much cheaper. Do thelphone first to give them details of the model and make.

Its the time and travel costs for a home visit which make up the costs.

Tony

It's only held in place with heat resistant silicone, buy some dunbrick flue sealant & do it yourself.

Sponsored Links
I'm in a different line of business, but I always tell my clients they have to pay me from the time I left home.

They don't realise I left home when I was 17. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

KEEGO your a star mate, is it easy enough to do, where is the best place to get this stuff, B@Q etc Focus these sort of places. Went down my local DIY the other day asked about that harodite but that wouldn't hold the heat thought there must have been some stuff you could use out there. How long do you leave it to set for.
Many Thanks...

Go to a plumber or heating merchant and get some high temperature silicon sealant - often red in colour

Don't get the red stuff, it will look awful as you willl be able to see it through the glass. Dunbrick is clear & can be bought from Plumb Center or the like. & it sets in a few hours.

My wife would go mad if I started squirting red silicone all over her nice clean glass oven door. It has taken her years to learn how to change the colour of my food from red or white to black and charred without the colour of the silicone taking away her glory.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back