696 migrants, 14 boats

Keep voting the same to get the same.
Very true, but what can you do about it when there is no one to vote for?

There are always small parties with good ideas but they never have a hope of getting elected.

The only other option available is to abstain, but that has no effect either.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You mean the ancient border between the UK and Ireland?
Geography and history aren't your strongpoints obviously.
There has never been a border between the Island of Ireland ( until now) and the UK.

This is and has been a long term problem. I can’t imagine the anti conservatives on this forum could conclude its anything other than a problem this government created.

There seems to be two options:

Tough policy that deters migrants
Welcoming them to our shores.

We can’t have both.

This is and has been a long term problem. I can’t imagine the anti conservatives on this forum could conclude its anything other than a problem this government created.

There seems to be two options:

We can’t have both.
Which migrants? In terms that overly simple we have to treat doctors the same as unskilled workers and temporary farm workers the same as refugees.

It is an EU border which is being policed by the British government
It's a border for both the UK and the EU. pretending otherwise is absurd.

It is also obvious that it is being policed because we took back control of our borders. This is exactly what Brexiters voted for and exactly* what Boris signed us up for.

*it's not as we haven't done our part fully yet. But we're on the way even if we're lagging behind.

We can’t have both
If the first option is ruled out because of the constraints imposed by living in a democracy, then option two is the only alternative.

of course it is not a conservative created problem.

the problem is Conservatives are using directing blame at migrants to deflect from all the problems decades of failed neo liberalism caused by Tories

NHS -problem is Tories not migrants
housing crisis -problem is Tories not migrants
stagnant wages -problem is Tories not migrants

Tory supporting press ramping up hatred of migrants:

Collage-of-a-number-of-front-pages-of-Daily-Mail-Daily-Express-and-The-Star-between.png

of course it is not a conservative created problem.

the problem is Conservatives are using directing blame at migrants to deflect from all the problems decades of failed neo liberalism caused by Tories

NHS -problem is Tories not migrants
housing crisis -problem is Tories not migrants
stagnant wages -problem is Tories not migrants

Tory supporting press ramping up hatred of migrants:

Collage-of-a-number-of-front-pages-of-Daily-Mail-Daily-Express-and-The-Star-between.png
I agree migrants are a very useful distraction for government, hence me wondering if they actually want to fix this.

France and UK aren't poor countries. Said before, why not throw money at it for a year or two, multiple 24/7 patrols at the French end, coupled with drones to ensure all relevant areas of French coastline are heavily monitored.

Sponsored Links
Back