6mm latex screen poured to 10mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help.

I've poured a latext screed to a depth of 10 mm, the bag said 6mm, but what the hell I though!!!

It's cracking like there's no tomorrow. Would it be doing this anyway, or should I expect worse to come?

Sponsored Links
By worse, I mean could it disassociated with the floor beneath. What should I expect to see (worse case scenario).

Worst case scenario is you could see a big pile of scraped up latex screed
where you have had to chisel it up as its not stuck to the substrate of the floor. Normally if you wanted 10mm thickness you would do two lots on top of each other.
Nick

Sponsored Links
sparkydude said:
Worst case scenario is you could see a big pile of scraped up latex screed
where you have had to chisel it up as its not stuck to the substrate of the floor. Normally if you wanted 10mm thickness you would do two lots on top of each other.
Nick
...or you would follow the MIs. For example, some specify the use of special chips to bulk out and bind the screed - a form of aggregate if you will.

Quite so.......for example the Cempolatex I`ve been using recommends sharp washed sand ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back