6mm twin earth cable for a 4m spur

Bought 1 metre as that's what I needed. I'd already left the shop when I checked the receipt as we bought a few things.
Going back for more knowing it was a miss price would have been dodgy behaviour!

Sponsored Links
Bought 1 metre as that's what I needed. I'd already left the shop when I checked the receipt as we bought a few things.
Going back for more knowing it was a miss price would have been dodgy behaviour!
But it's an interesting moral dilemma.

If you had noticed at the time, would you have said "hang on - this can't be right" before paying? Many years ago my Dad went along with the idea put forward to him by a hardware store which generally sold sheet materials in cut sizes, and he was buying a full sheet, that an 8x4 piece of plywood should be twice the price of a 4x2 piece. Had they tried it the other way round I doubt he would have said nothing.

Personally I have had more than one experience in restaurants of them forgetting an item, and not putting it on the bill, and I have always told them. It's only right - had there been a mistake in their favour I would have challenged it.

OTOH I have experienced supermarkets paying me to take items away because the bozos who programmed stuff ended up with code which applied a multibuy discount to reduced items (e.g. full price £5, multibuy 2 for £6, items reduced for quick sale to £1, buy 2 of them = £2, end up getting £4 knocked off the total bill) and not challenged it.

It's easy to rationalise and say that the people on the customer service desk would have no way to correct it, but.... :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Last week I noticed that my local Homebase had a basket of "Jumbo car sponges" on special offer, reduced to just £64 each! I told them, but today they still haven't changed the ticket!

Last week I noticed that my local Homebase had a basket of "Jumbo car sponges" on special offer, reduced to just £64 each! I told them, but today they still haven't changed the ticket!
They only need one person to buy one to make their money back...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back