Can I run 4mm cable from a 6mm Control unit to my Hob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just when I thought it was over another challenge appears, help please! I have 6mm cable running from my consumer unit (30amp Fused) to my large on/off double pole control unit in the kitchen. I have a 6mm spur from the control unit( existing setup). My new hob appliance uses 6.2kw. My existing 6mm spur cable will not fit, Manufacturer say's if you can't get it to fit use 4mm. Can I run 4mm cable from the 6mm fed large on/off double pole Control unit.

On The hob where the cable goes in, it says (3 x 1.5 Max) what size cable is this????

Thank you...

Kumbi :confused: :(

Sponsored Links
unless the cable is on the surface all the way to the isolator you should have a cooker connection unit on the wall where the cable comes out of the wall to the cooker (if not fit one)

4mm is ok on a 32a cuircuit provided it is not buried so you should only use it for the exposed bit from the cooker connection unit to the cooker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back