70 million

I'm not wasting any more time re-iterating posts I have already made which answer your questions.

Sponsored Links
banana_rasta.gif

In other words you cannot answer the questions I've posed for you.

Just answer this one.

In what way does Britain and its people benefit from mass immigration when it is provable that their net contribution is (according to the Cambridge professor) null. Why do we need another 10 million who's contribution will be - nothing? More people - with no net gain. Why?

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
More people - with no net gain. Why?
Conversely, if no net loss, then why not?

Because we are an overcrowded country and the people coming here are coming from countries without that problem. Let them stay in their own countries and contribute to the system that educated and trained them.

So, presumably, the same thing applies to us ... We must live here because we were educated and trained here? :rolleyes:

You are getting more extreme by the day.

But you said that a Cambridge professor had shown that the net gain was nil, which means that there's no net loss, which means they're not doing any harm.

QED.

So, presumably, the same thing applies to us ... We must live here because we were educated and trained here? :rolleyes:

You are getting more extreme by the day.

Why is it extreme? Doctors and dentists trained here should (in my opinion) be contracted to the system that trained them for a number of years. Footballers sign contracts - so why not other branches of the workforce?

But you said that a Cambridge professor had shown that the net gain was nil, which means that there's no net loss, which means they're not doing any harm.

QED.

OK let's let another 50 million in. Good idea Softus :rolleyes:

When the argument is lost, the sarcasm begins.

Ceee-le-brate good times, COME ON!
dee dee dit dit, dit, doo, YA! HOO!
:D

Footballers sign contracts
Have you any idea how many overseas players we have in the premiership ... Classic :LOL:

So, you're saying that it's okay then for professional people to come and live here (once they've paid their debt to the country that trained them)?

Polish Dr's, Dentist's, Accountants, Lawyers etc.

Making a contribution to our society.

I don't have a problem with controlled immigration but I don't agree with poaching people from other nations that desperately need them. If I were to train as a doctor then I'd expect to sign a contract to work for the country that trained me. What is the point in training them otherwise?

When the argument is lost, the sarcasm begins.

Ceee-le-brate good times, COME ON!
dee dee dit dit, dit, doo, YA! HOO!
:D

Not sarcasm, simply pointing out that your suggestion was pretty well ridiculous.

So what is the figure that Softus has in mind? And how did you arrive at that figure?

Freedom of movement and free trade enterprise are two of the few benefits of being a part of Europe ... But it works both ways.

If we are to be able to freely live and work across Europe then Europeans should be able to freely live and work here.

Why should we be any different?

Sponsored Links
Back