750mm (width) Radiator - cant find one anywhere?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

All my rads in my house are obscure widths and I need to replace 3 of them but can I find replacement sizes anywhere - can I heck.

Rad 1 - 750mm width
Rad 2 - 1760mm
Rad 3 - 1360mm

height is not an issue (all 700mm)

Does anyone know where I can get them? My only hope seems to be eBay hoping someone is flogging one near me.

I can really go under the floorboards to shorten/lengthen the pipework - but I have a feeling thats the way it has to be.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try a shorter rad and google radiator valve extenders, best and cheapest answer.

I suspect your 750mm is a 30" and your 1360 is 4' 6".

But the 1760 seems odd, its about 70". Are you sure you have measured it correctly?

As suggested usually you use the next smaller with extended valve fittings.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If the wall permits I tend to go wider and extend the pipe under the rad. Usually looks much neater than an extension of done carefully and with a street elbow coming of the valve.

Obviously a non-starter if the read is in a confined location.

Better heat output and efficiency that way too ;)

Vogel and Noot do a width of 720mm. Combine that with the longer fitments that TRVs and lockshields (particularly drain off ones) have thse days and you should fill your 750mm gap without altering the pipes.

Standard relative Myson Imperial sizes are 29,53 and 69 inches respectively.

Look on page 12 here

The problem is that Myson rads are ridiculously expensive and as already mentioned some of the Vogel and Noot range are a comfortably close cheaper alternative that will usually do the trick.

Myson may be stupidly expensive but they can be congratulated in still offering a range of ( some ) imperial sizes.

They are very useful for replacements when it is difficult to fit a different size.

They should publicise them more though.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back