Country
United Kingdom
Phew, pretty tough aircraft...

plane-0010_268255a.jpg

:(

Sponsored Links
tough - yes...

but I'd rather have one that was a bit better at flying :eek:

Probably an undercarriage failure to deploy. Pilot probably landed the bird as very start of the runway to give himself more margin for error at the other end of the runway.

What's the betting there'll be an announcement later saying it was a ' textbook crash landing' ;)

Sponsored Links
Probably an undercarriage failure to deploy. Pilot probably landed the bird as very start of the runway to give himself more margin for error at the other end of the runway.

or maybe well before... ;)

_44362787_heathrow_crash_2_416.gif

Maybe he had a momentary lapse of concentration and thought he was on his way to work, trying to find a good spot in the car park?

Some of the passingers didnt even know it was a crash landing, thought it was just a bit bumpy :eek:

It seems like the flight crew did a fantastic job.

If early (hearsay) reports are correct it lost power and was literally glided in the last mile and then nosed up to slow air speed in case there was no hydraulic power for braking.

Good flight crew skill and an extremely overdesigned aircraft enabled everyone to walk away from this one.

There's nothing worse than landing short of the runway and, when I started flying, this scenario would have had an entirely different ending.

MW

wow what miracle, no serious injury, that pilot deserves a medal for cool thinking in what was seconds.
looks like he favoured soggy turf rather than tarmac,
that man wasnt just lucky he is a god i dont feel he hit turf by accident.

good news at last good for the soul

They say that both engines packed in on approach, well until they find the reasons, would you travel on a 777?

Packing hundreds of people into a tin can and then blasting it thousands of feet into the air, it's not natural! a recipe for disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back