9800 broken pins on NVM chip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've fitted a new keypad to my 9800 scantronic alarm as some of the keys had stopped working at all.
To cut a long story short following lots of advice from the forum I got to the point where I had concluded that my engineer code isn't the default and wanted to reset the system.
Taking out the NVM chip as part of that process revealed that either by me or already some of the pins are broken and my keypad is not displaying anything. I looked up the NVM chip by the code and found it was a sharp eeprom chip and promptly ordered one which is on the way but I'm wondering if a standard chip is no good as the chip may be programmed specifically for the 9800. Does anyone know if I can just fit this replacement part and any other advice would be useful.

Sponsored Links
I would suspect a replacement chip may be no good unless that one was only used for storing settings. It probably originally had the default settings on it so a new 'blank' one won't suffice, but I may be wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back