A Bad Choice

S

Shutpa

Sometimes when we go out for a meal I forget about the healthy eating and go straight for the mixed grill. Sausage, gammon, liver, pork chop, mini steak, fried egg and chips. So on Tuesday evening on a visit to friends we thought that we would try out the new pub, part of a national chain. It was steak night and 2 of our party went for steaks, 2 for gammon and 2 including myself for the mixed grill. Not one, but all of us found that the food was yuk. Each plate was full of 'lumps or mouthfulls' food that couldn't be chewed: the gammom, the steaks, the pork chops and the liver were simply inedible and one of our party actually choked on a piece of meat that could not be swallowed. I tried each of the meats on my plate in turn and couldn't swallow a single piece. We ate the chips, paid the bill and left.

If you are wondering why we didn't complain I can tell you that one of my friends has a very serious heart problem and getting him stressed out is the last thing that I would want to do.

I should point out that the meal was only £6.99 per head and that included a drink! OK, we got what we paid for - the worst meal any of us had ever had. :(

Sponsored Links
NO.......bolo......grrrrrrr.......:evil: you didn't get what you paid for.....you paid for a meal that would be enjoyable and edible,
and it just wasn't.......that is totally unacceptable.
.....aren't you glad you never have to eat out with me :LOL: :LOL:

Have just e-mailed head office so we will see what transpires!

They'll probably tell you that as you paid your bill and didn't mention anything at the time, there is now nothing they can do.

At £6.99 for a mixed grill and a drink, you can't expect the food to be of the highest quality but it should at the very least be edible - if it wasn't you should have complained and refused to pay - if your friend couldn't handle the stress then maybe you could have packed him off to the car and then got stressed comlaining on your own!! ;)

That said, i'd have probably paid the bill and left like you did, and then been mad with myself afterwards for not complaining (or i'd have got the missus to complain!). I did once complain about the service a group of friends and I received at a national chain pub after the event and was sent a £50 voucher as an apology - but we did register our comlaint on the night so when they investigated it they had a record of the events on the night.

Sponsored Links
The fact is its £42.....wasted.....write to the CE and tell him you want your £42 to donate to charity .....at least then someone gets the benefit of your money :)

The fact is its £42.....wasted.....write to the CE and tell him you want your £42 to donate to charity .....at least then someone gets the benefit of your money :)

Will wait for the reply to my e-mail and then decide if I want to take it further.

There's a balance here between the mad compensation culture we've inherited from the US and the right to be compensated when goods and/or services are not as expected.

I always complain if I feel that the other party is taking the P*** and haven't accepted responsibility ... And the amount is worth the effort.

MW

There's a balance here between the mad compensation culture we've inherited from the US. and the right to be compensated when goods and/or services are not as expected.
MW
Cant remember if I said so in the other thread, but in the case of me v my dentist, I was actually contacted by a no win no fee company and turned them down because the last thing I wanted to do was to humiliate my dentist any further. The fact that my complaint was upheld will be on their record at the GDC until they retire.

If you are wondering why we didn't complain I can tell you that one of my friends has a very serious heart problem and getting him stressed out is the last thing that I would want to do.

Maybe steak chips and beer is not his best diet :p

Maybe steak chips and beer is not his best diet :p

After 4 heart attacks, it's not mine either mate! However, if I may quote from my opening post:

"Sometimes when we go out for a meal I forget about the healthy eating and go straight for the mixed grill............sausage, gammon, liver, pork chop, mini steak, fried egg and chips".

I should have explained that 'sometimes' means about once every 18 months or so, and I should also have said 'we' and not 'I' forget about healthy eating. :D

I wouldnt hold your breath for a reply. Said chain have recently opened a refurb pub near me. Took my partner for something to eat to cheer her up following her having surgery to remove a lump. She was wearing a hoodie, mainly because it was comfortable and covered her bandage without making it look too obvious.

We were refused entry, because she was wearing a hoodie. (Could have gone in had she removed her hoodie.) Declined that offer and went elsewhere. I would have left it, but a week or so later (after the initial curiosity rush had died down), we were walking past and the door staff were practically trying to drag us in!

Told them what had happened the previous week, they said 'Oh, we've relaxed that rule now!' :!: I emailed them, got a load of excuses. Gave them benefit of the doubt. Then tried again on a saturday evening just after 9. Got as far as ordering drinks, then told my 17 year old daughter wasn't allowed in after 9. (They serve food until 10?) Seem to make the rules up as they go, nothing on the door about under 18's after 9p.m.

We now go elsewhere.....

Sponsored Links
Back