A brexit benefit

Sponsored Links
Dunno, the fresh food that they have on the shelves of their shops in France.
But if we are suffering 'shortages' because fresh food from Europe is being held up at the border, surely they must have tons of the stuff over there?

Sponsored Links
and locals will say "they should make their sandwiches from local produce, not import it".
Looks like the big problem is with sarnies sold in their little high street shops

f*cking spivs...

They don't care (n)
I care. I care about paying for something that I don’t have to pay. So I don’t. Not my rules and there’s plenty on here the same. Do you only pay what you have to pay or do you pay more?

Sir Roger Gale:

"In my constituency Thanet Earth have had to bin £320,000 worth of crops because there are no staff to pick"

https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/status/1438236266760376325

What Sir Roger Gale said about brexit:

June 29th 2016

The people of Britain have taken an irrevocable decision to leave the European Union and it is now left to those of us in Parliament, an overwhelming majority of whom disagree with this course of action, to try to implement the wishes of the narrow majority. It will not be an easy task.

First, those politicians and newspapers that have so vociferously campaigned successfully for Brexit and those who have voted for it have yet to offer one vestige of an idea as to how are to take what is likely to become a less than United Kingdom forward. While contemptuously dismissing the views of "experts", most of whom have warned factually of the consequences of leaving, they have offered no practical answers to the details of defence, security or the economy that now have to be faced. No doubt we shall now be let into the secret.

Second, there is the small matter of how the process will be not only negotiated but financed. The "£350 million a week" that we are supposed to gain as a result of not paying into the EU has been exposed as a blatant lie and the damage to our economy as a result of loss of investments, business and markets will inevitably mean a reduction in our standard of living that will hurt not the Daily Mail's "arrogant, out of touch political elite" hardest but the poorest people in our Country.

We face, immediately, a summer during which those who have relied upon the Brexit press will find themselves paying considerably more for their holidays in Europe and beyond as the pound has fallen, as predicted, in value. Those relying upon investment-based pension schemes are also going to feel the effects of the fall in the market. These are not the 'Project Fear' predictions of the campaign. They are happening now and as the process advances the finances upon which our schools, our hospitals, our armed forces, our transport infrastructure and other public services rely will be diminished.

I give it six months before it will be hard to identify those who are currently celebrating the success of the Vote Leave campaign and saying that "I voted to leave" and it is already clear that the 'ordinary people' so beloved of the tabloids are saying "I voted to leave but I didn't really think that it would happen"

Last edited:
A Brexit benefit?

Returning to the Ounce and the Inch, says rabid Brextremist David Frost

"The restoration of old imperial weights, long a demand of Brexiters who resented the imposition of metric measures by Brussels, was among the top potential benefits of the UK leaving the EU listed on Thursday by Lord David Frost, the minister responsible for implementing Brexit."

From the sticky bar of Spoonies, pint-swilling Farage applauds.

Had a guy measure up for some internal bi-fold doors, and he used inches. He was 70 though, so I let him off.

And I'll ask you again, do you only pay what you have to pay or do you pay more?
I pay my fair share...

And I don't claim benefits for work I wouldn't be doing anyway...

Unlike some!

It's ok everyone, I've found that elusive Brexit benefit. Phew! I though for a moment the whole thing was going to be a massive waste of time. :)

Brexit triumph as Crown Stamp returns to pint glasses after bonfire of EU rules

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...ter-bonfire-of-eu-rules/ar-AAOvVsG?li=BBoPWjQ

Enjoy the kudos of pint glasses stamped with the British crown, that will show Johnny European - just a shame there might not be any beer to go in them. :( Real Wetherspoons soverignty at it's finest. (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back