A cockney accent?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have wondered/pondered this for a while now.

We have Eastenders as other London based TV. I lived in London as a kid (Graham Park Estate, Collindale, near RAF Hendon.

Here we go... There were a lot of foreign peeps there, My best mate was Chinese.

When did Londoners turn into Brap Brap Bruv Wigger Bruv Bruv?? Every kid now talks like this. Is it related to American gangs (LL Cool J, Public Enemy) and the like never spoke like this?

RespeK Fam? WTF are they talking about?

Can someone please explain to me why we don't have apple and pears and a Lady Godiva.

I'm sure it's not an immigration issue.

Your thought please people.

Regards, Dan...

Sponsored Links
There all fc Ed up Imho.

Had some 20 some thing year old roofer on a site recently dunno what he was about tbh

Then they assume the entire street want to listen to there s*** rap. Music

Where I live now, Loud Bluetooth speakers blasting rap music blasting out while shouting 'Bo Bo Brap' as they walk down the street. Who the phuck to they think they are?

Just a quick addition. This is one person walking down the road. Not a group. The same on the bus with someone with mobile letting us all listen. Gone are the days of loud headphones.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Stormcey who recently donated money or put money up to. Send young deprived blk kids through further education

How about some one doing the same but only for white deprived kids :LOL:

Dare say that would go down well :LOL:

It’s called MLE. Multicultural London English and you will hear it in middle class Surrey too. It seems to have replaced that working class fake 1940s posh you’d hear on old carry on films.

my youngest is infected with MLE. Despite a dad from Brighton and a mum from Lincolnshire. We call him “da gangsta init”. Ridicule seems to work.

Apparently his gf is peng ting, looking for a touch down. Which means he quite fancies her.

Where I live now, Loud Bluetooth speakers blasting rap music blasting out while shouting 'Bo Bo Brap' as they walk down the street.
They’ve always been about. In the eighties they were known as *** boxes.

We don't live in a heavily built - up area . Our kids don't have this gangsta affliction (although first born does have a more noticeable "regional twang" than wot I have, ay he) ;)

Some of the white kids I teach talk with an affected Caribbean accent. They are known as wiggers round my way.

We don't live in a heavily built - up area . Our kids don't have this gangsta affliction (although first born does have a more noticeable "regional twang" than wot I have, ay he) ;)
One of my sprogs talks normally but with Americanisms thrown in like gas (petrol) take out (takeaway) garbage (rubbish) baggage (luggage) trunk (boot) etc.

The other thinks he's in the Crips or the Bloods.:rolleyes:

When I was thinking about the eulogy for my dad, I remembered a time where he went off on us kids dropping the 'T' at the end of the word, he thought it made us sound common. He'd make us stand up and say the word properly 10 times, enunciating the T. I then remembered a time when my brother said 'sh it' at the dinner table, dropping the T. My brothers look of delight when he was made to stand up and say it properly was a picture! As my dad said, if you're going to swear, then do it properly!

Parents, do they not play their part in getting kids to speak properly anymore?

Parents, do they not play their part in getting kids to speak properly anymore?
Sadly, kids nowadays have more respect and input from their peers rather than their parents.Parents (or in a lot of cases, a parent) will usually be too busy working, or doing something else to take much notice of their offspring, just let them go on the internet or phone to keep them quiet, which is where most pick up these strange utterances.

Sponsored Links