A cockney accent?

Sponsored Links
Some people have mistaken my accent for Sarf London, they must be deaf, I grew up in South Bucks, so you might be forgiven for saying I have a Bucks accent, but you'd be wrong again, Bucks accents are very rare (think of a weird mix of Norfolk and Cockerney) I have a sort of generic SE accent, as do the kids, who in spite of all the rubbish they watch on YT also have generic SE accents with no Americanisms or other isms noticed by me.

All accents are fading away. Better communication and wiped wide circulation of media means that it's all blurring into one. Not to mention that people move around a lot more than they used to. Not everyone but enough to make a difference.

Some people have mistaken my accent for Sarf London, they must be deaf, I grew up in South Bucks, so you might be forgiven for saying I have a Bucks accent, but you'd be wrong again, Bucks accents are very rare (think of a weird mix of Norfolk and Cockerney) I have a sort of generic SE accent, as do the kids, who in spite of all the rubbish they watch on YT also have generic SE accents with no Americanisms or other isms noticed by me.

I grew up in South Bucks although it later became Berks. I always thought of it as a London accent. I was quite taken aback when as a teenager, I went to Reading Top Rank which was all of 17miles away, and discovered many of the girls had a very different accent.

Sponsored Links
I grew up in South Bucks although it later became Berks. I always thought of it as a London accent. I was quite taken aback when as a teenager, I went to Reading Top Rank which was all of 17miles away, and discovered many of the girls had a very different accent.

That's why we got shot of it.... in 1974.