A couple of queries on architects report.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, The local church had an architect in to do a report, I'm curious to see if they are actually needing attended to so would appreciate if anyone thought the following are major issues, sorry about the poor quality of images but this is how they were presented to the church.

1st one is a fluorescent, I don't see any issue, agreed it's poor and fitting should have been dropped when it was getting sheeted but surely not an issue electrically?

2nd one is spurs at sink. IIRC there is no regulation?, I tend to try and keep spurs >300mm away from and sinks, again although not great I don't see it as a major issue.

Any views appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
He's on the make :LOL: things must be quiet for his electrician
mate .

Regards,

DS

Fluorescent lights do contain ballasts / chokes that generate heat, and because of the thermal properties of the plasterboard covering it, it may get warmer than it should. Following a PIR I was asked to move one from behind a pelmet because of insufficient ventilation. I disagreed to start with, but had to admit it was hot, to the touch, and I mean hot, not warm, when it had been on for a few hours.

In this case it would be a fairly simple task to remove the light, fit a strip of plasterboard in the gap and put the light back.

Sponsored Links
I have seen fittings with spacers to create a small air gap between fitting and ceiling supposedly to allow air to cool the entire metal surface of the fitting.
A small area surrounding the fixing screw holes often 'bulges upwards' (to emulate a 'spacer') so as to create such a gap between fitting and ceiling.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back