A fair Boiler estimate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone tell me what they think a fair estimate for replacing an old combi boiler with a Valient Pro24 would be?

I've had one quote so far but it was more than I was expecting, I'm still waiting for another quote to come through.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
How on earth could anybody tell you that on a forum, the only people who can tell you are the guys who have looked at your property and know what's involved.

And what would you call "more" than you were expecting?

Thanks for the quick reply...

I'm not asking for an estimate on the forum, I'm just asking what people would normally quote for fitting a boiler. I know each job is different and there are other costs involved, I'm just trying to make sure I'm not being ripped off and it's a job which is more expensive than I realised.

I wasn't expecting a boiler plus installation to cost £1600.
I expected it to cost more like £1000 - £1500, I may be neive in thinking this, which is why I'm asking here.

The boiler itself will cost around £800 and like i say without seeing it nobody will know for sure what other works need to be done, especially on the gas side, newer boilers often require and increase in gas pipe size, i only know that through reading from the experts on here.

To be honest £1600 does not sound unreasonable to me, but then i am not a heating engineer.

Sponsored Links

I wasn't expecting a boiler plus installation to cost £1600.
I expected it to cost more like £1000 - £1500,

please don;t phone me for a quote

I may be neive in thinking this, which is why I'm asking here.[/quote]

yes you are I'm afraid

It really depends on wether you are concerned about quality of work. If you are not, there are loads of chancers advertising cheap rates. But truly, there is a lot more to a proper quote than a boiler and labour. For that reason, you will not get a sensible price remotely.

Perfectly reasonable question in my opinion as there are loads of rob dogs about ! and if you dont know ask !!!! Price doesnt sound bad, rates in london
probably different to here int North !

It is difficult to say if its ok without seeing it but It doesn't sound excessive
try and get a tradesman that someone you know can recommend.

You are saying £1,600 inc boiler not boiler on top ? but again without seeing it still might be Ok.

When I get my gas guy to supply and fit boilers for me, it generally costs me 1500-1600. Thats Including VAT. So your price seems about right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back