A few questions about under-the-sink plumbing set-up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just finished clearing out gunk from the under-the-sink pipes. Didn't note down the position of the pipes before disassembly. Just connected everything up, after several hours of frustration of trying different pipe connections, and finally ending up with what you see. Not sure if have the config 100% though. There are no leaks that I can discern. Have twin-sinks (pic #1). Under the sink area is the plug-in point for my dishwasher, too. Pic #2 shows under the sink, before re-assembly.

My questions are:

1) Does the pipe-joints' set-up look correct? (I didn't note down the order, duh, before disassembly.)

2) How does water clear out fully down the pipe system given that downward bend joint? (Sorry, physics was never my forté :oops:)

3) That small connecting pipe (circled in pic of those assorted joints, and zoomed in pic of it). It connects to the dishwasher's hose. It has an opening at the top part, too. What's the reason?

Would really appreciate info about my set-up to ensure all's OK.

Cheers in advance,
RS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back