A few randoms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some conduit I installed on a site we maintain a few months ago.......Got to love blessid Alarm/CCTV guys.

1307785271.jpg

A factory fitted plug opened during PAT testing.

1307785302.jpg

I have posted some pics like this one before - pretty sure not the same one. Never seen any adverse results, but we all know it's not right!

1307785285.jpg

Sponsored Links
In the first pic, on the vertical bit of tube, why is the saddle top missing?

Your asking me? No idea! I would have put one there!

It looks sparse on saddles, but there are more out of shot!

Sponsored Links
Yep, I am assuming the CCTV guy had issues with it! I am sure I would have fitted it!

I find it annoying to have to cut the cores to different lengths when fitting a plug.

Now I see how to have the same lengths for L and N. :LOL:

You should cut the cores to different lengths.

The theory being the live being the shortest will be the first to be pulled out if the flex is yanked; the earth being the longest will be the last.

Don't know if it actually works in practice.

You should cut the cores to different lengths.
The theory being the live being the shortest will be the first to be pulled out if the flex is yanked; the earth being the longest will be the last.
Don't know if it actually works in practice.
It's actually hard to imagine how it could fail to work in practice, provided that none of the conductors break at some point along their length (which seems pretty unlikely except at the very end, where conductoe enters terminal).

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back