A few soil stack questions before I order...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can only find 92.5 degree 110mm elbows, and while this makes sense to get a fall, what about when the elbow is used horizontally to go from a horizontal 110 pipe into the house to connect to the toilet? Surely then I just want a 90 degree elbow? If anything the extra 2 degrees will point it further from where I want it to go internally?

Or is it too minimal to matter?

And also, I currently have a 110 straight coupler about 20cm from the ground where the pipe emerges. Can I just leave this or should I replace it with an access socket for rodding?

Thanks

20200625_181112.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, it will work as a 90° no problem.

You could rod from the top but may be worthwhile putting an access in as you are replacing it all anyway.

So do you not get 90 degree elbows? Are they all 92.5?

yeah maybe you're right, I could replace the straight coupler at the bottom with an access connector instead

Sponsored Links
No part of the drainage run should ever be horizontal....

When I say horizontal, I mean horizontal with a fall....is that ok? As you can see in the photo of my current soil stack

So do you not get 90 degree elbows? Are they all 92.5?

It wouldn't make sense to manufacture two different bends with a 2½° difference. There is more than enough play in the joint for it not to matter at all.

It wouldn't make sense to manufacture two different bends with a 2½° difference. There is more than enough play in the joint for it not to matter at all.
Ok thank, good to know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back