A leader - does he look like one ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Corbyn.
As big a waste of time as the last dork... like it or lump it, Blair and Brown were the only alternatives, power went to their heads and they felt they couldn't lose... This current bloke looks like a loser before he starts... Waste of time.
This by the way is not in praise of the current schmucks...

Why so? Do away with NI then all the voting pensioners will realise that their tax could increase by 10 or 11 % - Hey Ozzie, don't get too carried away - you ain't that popular !!

-0-

Sponsored Links
Personally, I'd rather vote for him than I would Eton Boy with his rich-kid side-kicks.

Are you saying we nuke Northern Ireland? I know the accent can be annoying but that's a tad extreme.

Corbyn has a straightforwardness that appeals to the left. Brown was useless, a deceitful, incompetent with psychological issues. On several occasions he was on the verge of being reprimanded for mistreatment of staff. Staff on the Downing St exchange were said to be terrified of him. A very nasty and dishonest man. That said, if you can fake sincerity you have got it made, and Blair had that in spades. No less dishonest than Brown, but with charm. And more political cunning.

I actually think Cameron is decent. He keeps ministers in posts long enough for them to learn their brief, and respects cabinet. And they are making many good changes. Osborne stood his ground, putting in place cuts, when all the lefties around said spend more. And it worked. They are reforming welfare, making work pay, and time will judge whether or is working. Blair kept moving ministers, making sure they never learnt their trade. And he ignored cabinet, preferring government by sofa, deciding policy himself, then setting down with a minister, and dictating.

Corbyn reminds me of Michael Foot (he done well for Labour,,, not) As for Cameron being decent? Isn't this the chap who gave £3 million to that kids charity that closed down a week later? Yeah, he's made a statement defending his decision (even though he was warned by senior civil servants , who surely knew the bigger picture) Cameron doesn't have the ability to actually listen (much like Blair)

Sponsored Links
That's the trouble with democracy.

Appearances are more important to the public than policies and principles about which they know nothing.

Corbyn reminds me of Michael Foot (he done well for Labour,,, not) As for Cameron being decent? Isn't this the chap who gave £3 million to that kids charity that closed down a week later? Yeah, he's made a statement defending his decision (even though he was warned by senior civil servants , who surely knew the bigger picture) Cameron doesn't have the ability to actually listen (much like Blair)

Giving money to a charity is a minor foible, Labour liked that charity too. I think Cameron can listen, or rather he lets ministers govern, unlike Blair. Iraq? Feck up. House of Lords? Feck up. NHS? Same old mess. Schools? Who knows. Did he reduce inequality? Did house prices rocket? Did immigration boom? One big feck up merchant.

That's the trouble with democracy.

Appearances are more important to the public than policies and principles about which they know nothing.

Too true, politics is about appearances.Blair was obsessed with polls, and focus groups. He loved management consultants. I suspect Cameron is a shiny suited spiv, but he lets ministers make decisions, unlike Bliar.

In my opinion, Cameron is without doubt the weakest PM I've seen.

As for Corbyn, he seems about as far left as they come. Labour have shown that, for a long time now, when they are in power the country comes out of their administration worse off than when it went in. With Corbyn in charge, I can imagine it would be worse than ever.

You're supposing that Labour would win with Corbyn.

The scare tactics about him are because the other candidates fear that Corbyn will win and Labour will not.

They, the other candidates, would rather win by by prostituting themselves than stick to any fundamental beliefs they may have had before boarding the gravy train.

Giving money to a charity is a minor foible,
Would you lend money to a mate, who friends told you was going to be bankrupt next week?? Cameron has showed he has no scruples as far as public money is concerned. At the end of the day, this is our money he's doling out to lost causes.

At the end of the day, this is our money he's doling out to lost causes.

That's Labour's modus operandi, and it seems to get them voted in on a regular basis.
Yes, it makes me wonder about the intelligence of some of the electorate.
The only people who should logically vote for Labour are the people on benefits. Of course, their numbers are increasing all the time.

'Intelligence of some of the electorate'.

WTF, is that about ? you live in a dream world don't you ? From Labour getting into power until the GLOBAL recession, cause centred on the USA... Plenty never had it so good !!

If Brown hadn't acted first among many, as he did with regard to the Banks - Where would we all be now ?
I shudder to think.

-0-

In my opinion, Cameron is without doubt the weakest PM I've seen.

As for Corbyn, he seems about as far left as they come. Labour have shown that, for a long time now, when they are in power the country comes out of their administration worse off than when it went in. With Corbyn in charge, I can imagine it would be worse than ever.

By all accounts Blair was actually very weak. He should have sacked Brown, who would regularly walk into his office and ask "Haven't you ****ed off yet", and his aides would spin against Blair. He was used by Bush and never stood up to him. He gave in to Poland and gave back some of our EU rebate that Thatcher won. He never really took control of many issues, apart from a few great successes such as NI where apparently his charm pulled it off. He was afraid of losing and relied on focus groups, failing to make real changes which might make him unpopular. It was all smoke and mirrors, spin. Blair had charm, and pursuasion but hated conflict. There is a story of him going into his garden after the election, at number ten I think, and jumping up and down and repeatedly shouting "I'm prime minister", to the embarrassment of aides who were worried he would be seen.

'Intelligence of some of the electorate'.

WTF, is that about ? you live in a dream world don't you ? From Labour getting into power until the GLOBAL recession, cause centred on the USA... Plenty never had it so good !!

If Brown hadn't acted first among many, as he did with regard to the Banks - Where would we all be now ?
I shudder to think.

-0-

Brown was in part to blame, when he deregulated the banks, and created the FSA and independent Bank of England. No-one was keeping a watch on the markets, and unsecured debt. Of course it was caused by bad debt in America, but remember we had crazy behaviour by banks, with Northern Rock becoming huge, and giving mortgages with little or no deposit. When the crash came, no-one knew who was responsible, and looked at each other. Brown did eventually take control, along with Darling, and apparently came up with a very innovative way of injecting liquidity into the markets, which was copied elsewhere including America. He is said to be very clever, and brilliant when he focusses on an issue. We came very close to a collapse of the banking system, automatic tills shut, cheques bouncing, no pay, civil unrest, and worse. Brown and co saved us, and maybe he deserves huge credit, I'll leave it to those who know to decide.

Sponsored Links
Back