A leader - does he look like one ?

That is a good point. Miliband was a bit weird. Burnham looks odd, an elaborate mobile home for two large black caterpillars. Cooper seems completely bland. Kendall seems far too normal, like someone next door. I have heard it said that Brown would not encourage anyone with any real strength of character, and so you got this pile of wet blankets. When you think back to Blair, there was Alan Johnson, Peter Mandelson, Clare Short, John Reed, and so on, all strong characters. What has happened to them all? I don't want Labout to become a sideline for weirdos with extreme left views, the Tories need opposition.

UKIP would make a good opposition party. They certainly have many ex-Liebour supporters.

Sponsored Links
John Reid doubled GPs pay. GPs halved their hours. Well done Labour.

The 'big bang' - 'sudden deregulation of financial markets' - Maggie T 1986 - You know, that mother of a criminal boy child - she who knew so much better.
She laid the UK foundations of 2007 - 'Big Bang also added a whole new layer of regulation, paving the way for what became the Financial Services Authority.'
Of course 'twas the Yanks who really 'lit the fire' !!
Brown actually led the world to a possible lifeboat, bailing the banks - Now if I had f/a in any bank I would have mused over allowing failing banks to go under, but I do wonder, and realise my lack of knowledge with regard to the global situation, had Brown 'not' done his thing, where would we be now ?

Thing is - Brown didn't really look the part either !

-0-

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The 'big bang' - 'sudden deregulation of financial markets' - Maggie T 1986 - You know, that mother of a criminal boy child - she who knew so much better.
She laid the UK foundations of 2007 - 'Big Bang also added a whole new layer of regulation, paving the way for what became the Financial Services Authority.'
Of course 'twas the Yanks who really 'lit the fire' !!
Brown actually led the world to a possible lifeboat, bailing the banks - Now if I had f/a in any bank I would have mused over allowing failing banks to go under, but I do wonder, and realise my lack of knowledge with regard to the global situation, had Brown 'not' done his thing, where would we be now ?

Thing is - Brown didn't really look the part either !

-0-

A nice rewite of history that. Thatcher had to deregulate the city, previously it was an old boy's club, with public school types, and the whiff of cigars and whisky in the air. What Brown did was to effectively remove oversight, since none of them were keeping watch. He was also responsible for massively increasing public spending which when the crash came, caused significant trouble, and was part of the reason why we were so vulnerable to the shock. The fact that he spent most of his time in government brooding and fighting Blair, trying to block anything Blair did to make him look bad (read the history books, it's true) , did not help. A totally irresponsible and unpleasant man. Did he help save the banking system when the crash came? Yes, undoubtedly.

Did you notice that a London tube driver get £50K+ per year, and over 40 days a year hols? That is what comes when the unions take over, which Thatcher helped prevent. I suppose you want to go back to the 70's?

I do believe that the tube trains would (or soon would) be automatic were it not for the unions but is it not the case that driving a lorry is more worthy of a decent wage than tube driver.

Strange how the system "works".

I do believe that the tube trains would (or soon would) be automatic were it not for the unions but is it not the case that driving a lorry is more worthy of a decent wage than tube driver.

Strange how the system "works".
I agree.
It seems that unions are still capable of holding the country to ransom.
I'm afraid that until we obtain a strong PM (like Maggie), this situation is bound to continue.
How about Nigel? :)

Which of these - if any - looks normal:
_84744169_labourcontenders_getty.jpg

Odd enough the only one not trying to look like a leading character in an advert for a product that 'improves' your lifestyle is Corbyn. I can see why he is ahead. He looks normal. Sane.

Which of these - if any - looks normal:
_84744169_labourcontenders_getty.jpg

Odd enough the only one not trying to look like a leading character in an advert for a product that 'improves' your lifestyle is Corbyn. I can see why he is ahead. He looks normal. Sane.
I don't think I've ever seen him smile.

The labour women all have speech therapy sessions....you know, to make them sound as smug and patronising as possible. That fish faced Cooper whining through her smirk really puts me off my dinner.

The labour women all have speech therapy sessions....you know, to make them sound as smug and patronising as possible. That fish faced Cooper whining through her smirk really puts me off my dinner.

Just the women? What really really really annoyed me about the Labour lot pre-election was how caring they were, so deeply, uttlerly caring, unlike the nasty nasty nasty Tories. You could hear so much concern in their voices, they must have been in pain. I was.

Sponsored Links
Back