A long shot maybe

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have nothing to add I'm afraid, but I do have a level of intrigue to satisfy...

What's it for? :)

Is space really as limited as you've implied - e.g. could you not use two 9-pin ones? ... and does it really have to be all that 'waterproof'?

Kind Regards, John

Well it needs to control 9 leds, so yes, it needs a min of 18 pins. IP55 rating would suffice, and there is less than 1 inch of space available (length) I think a MIL connector will suffice, seen some that look potentials, but needless to say, expensive.

Well it needs to control 9 leds, so yes, it needs a min of 18 pins. IP55 rating would suffice, and there is less than 1 inch of space available (length)
Why does 9 LEDs need 18 pins - would not 10 be adequate (1 common plus one for each LED)? Anyway, what I was asking was whether there was not any other space, anywhere, given that a 1:10 car is hardly a 'matchbox' model!

... and do you really need IP55 - after all, that's more than would be required in, say, a bathroom.

Kind Regards, John

Why does 9 LEDs need 18 pins - would not 10 be adequate (1 common plus one for each LED)? Anyway, what I was asking was whether there was not any other space, anywhere, given that a 1:10 car is hardly a 'matchbox' model!

... and do you really need IP55 - after all, that's more than would be required in, say, a bathroom.

Kind Regards, John

Hmm, hadn't thought of that, so maybe only 10 pins required. Yes, it goes in the sea. (shallow part) and whilst 1:10 is not tiny, even to make space for the light controller, the normal setup has to be modified to make space.

If a DB25 connector is too large, would splitting into two DB9's work?
A bit of work with adhesive lined heat-shrink sleeve should help with the cable integrity.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that, so maybe only 10 pins required.
Indeed, as I said. In fact, do you really have 9 LEDs which all need to be independently controlled? On a full-sized car, virtually all of the lights come on in pairs (or even triplets). If your '9' include any pairs (or triplets) which always come on together, then you could reduce the number of pins even further.
Yes, it goes in the sea. (shallow part) ...
Fair enough - that's rather more dramatically 'off-road' than I had envisaged :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back