A long shot maybe

E

EddieM

Ok, so this might win award for vaguest post of the year, but here goes.

I'm looking for an electronic socket and plug pair. The characteristics should be thus or similar.

Must have 18 pins or more.
Must be less than 13mm in diameter, if circular.
Must be waterproof
Socket and plug must be as small in length as possible.

Won't carry more than 3-5v DC and less than 0.5 amps.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Must have 18 pins or more. ... Must be less than 13mm in diameter, if circular. ... Must be waterproof.
As you say, I think you're pushing your luck. Up to 8 or 9 pins would probably be achievable, perhaps even within your size (and waterproof) requirements, but beyond that is stretching things.

I did find (this 19-pin one) on eBay but (a) it's seemingly a plug with no socket, (b) dimensions are not given, (c) quite probably not very waterproof and, perhaps most importantly, (d) the price is £81.39 (but cheaper 'in quantity'!!) :)

Kind Regards, John

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
D type plugs and sockets with self amalgamating tape to waterproof.

Sponsored Links
Hmm, it's tricky, but MIL DIN's are looking possible (bit pricey though)

Another option may be ILME connectors which have a better IP rating but are much bulkier

Samtec make many multipole type connectors that may fit the bill but:
why that diameter?

What size can it be if not circular? and why circular?
If you can expand to 22mm then range this will possibly fit:
https://www.toby.co.uk/signal-to-bo...rcular-panel-assembly-receptacle-22-mm-shell/

Do you want "waterproof" as in can be left submerged or water reisistant as in protection from the outside weather but not submerged?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back