A Novel Idea of Brexit

Sponsored Links
Not at all.

I don't know if you are claiming "All brexers are racist" because you don't understand the logical error, or because you wish to be mischievous.

Have you ever seen a live horse that didn't have four legs?

Sponsored Links
I don't know if you are claiming "All brexers are racist" because you don't understand the logical error, or because you wish to be mischievous.

I am claiming no such thing. No idea what made you think I was.

Here it is again, in a larger font so it's easier for you to read.

What happens to popular 'everyone who voted leave is racist' narrative then?

But you keep saying it. Who else keeps saying it?

Not me.

Tell me about the horses.

But you keep saying it. Who else keeps saying it?

Not me.

Tell me about the horses.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ote-leave-racism-brexit-uncivil-war-channel-4

You understand what the words popular and narrative mean dont you?

Are you going to deny that aside from being old and stupid the other popularily cited reason for voting leave was racism? You yourself call the Tories Blukip - are you saying UKIP aren't now generally viewed as a racist and/or bigoted party who the Tories pander to?

Are you going to suggest the Tories didn't pander to them and a small handful of backbenchers in having the referendum at all?

Are you then going to suggest that narrative would still be warranted if the consensus was as himmy suggests to continue to allow the freedom of movement?

I've never claimed that ALL brexers meet one or more of your categories. Doubtless there are some that don't.

I've never claimed all Labour members are anti-semitic. Doubtless there are some that aren't.

Contribute to EU projects that benefit the UK

Still have access to Single Market

Still have free movement of people, goods, services..

No say in EU Laws

No membership fee

To get back on topic, because this seemed to be the only topical comment:

The idea:
Free movement of people.
Out of the CU, out of the SM, out of the EU.
Therefore no membership fee, no contribution to EU projects, full control over our laws, no say in EU laws.

Unless you were just posting your preferences without commenting on my idea.

Sounds good to me but I’d exchange the free movement of EU people in exchange for tariff free access to the single market.
Can you explain exactly why that is the 'deal breaker' for you?

Sounds good to me but I’d exchange the free movement of EU people in exchange for tariff free access to the single market.
According to the preaching of the ardent Brexiteers, we can do trade deals around the world, we don't need the EU, in fact they need us!
So I don't see trade being that important. Although I believe the EU would happily accept our membership of the SM, for a fee, as in the Norway model.

Whereas the free movement of people affects a huge number of people, now and in the future.
Such a compromise on the free movement of people would have the EU falling over themselves for a deal.

Are you then going to suggest that narrative would still be warranted if the consensus was as himmy suggests to continue to allow the freedom of movement?
Are you suggesting that if UK allowed free movement of people, the accusation of Brexiteers being racist could not be applied?
Well that's another excellent reason to adopt my idea. The notion that Brexiteers are racist is dismissed in one swoop.

What's not to like?

Sponsored Links
Back