A PIR that very quickly became a visual condition report....

I would always stick with the blanks designed for the CU's.
As illustrated by the links, MK, Hager and Wylex certainly produce 'proper' blanks for their CUs, and I would suspect that many/most of the other main/reputable manufacturers probably do as well. There's therefore no need to use a 'non-recommended' component.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
I would always stick with the blanks designed for the CU's.
As illustrated by the links, MK, Hager and Wylex certainly produce 'proper' blanks for their CUs, and I would suspect that many/most of the other main/reputable manufacturers probably do as well. There's therefore no need to use a 'non-recommended' component.

Kind Regards, John.

Exactly - they all have them for their boards. If you get the correct ones, it will be a good fit.

I think the breakers were put in upside down as they are the incorrect ones for the board, and they probably fitted better upside down than the correct way up!

Sponsored Links
Ah, thanks. Following the comment, I looked at what I'd typed umpteen times, and the apostrophe just didn't 'register' (never try to proof read your own writing!!). Mind you, I have to confess that it wouldn't have helped me much if it had 'registered', since I don't think I've come across the term "greengrocers' apostrophe" before, even though I'm always pulling people (not the least my daughters!) up about inappropriate apostrophes! It all goes to show that there is learning to be done in this forum :)

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back