PIR on a pub...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Submain for the cellar. Fed from a 60amp sw-fuse. Not really apparent in the pic, but the submain is two 6mm T+E's in parallel. Notice the 'busbar'.
1334074741.jpg

Just a bleedin mess!
1334074751.jpg

Odd way to connect to a 25amp fryer. The next pic showing the feed to this.
1334074747.jpg

What can you say really?
1334074748.jpg

Just a pic of some typical "it's metal, lets earth it" type thinking.
1334074753.jpg

Again, just a mess, but there are also several 32amp circuits doubled up on breakers. A huge loading on a small board with just a 60amp submain. The submain fuses quite often apparently. And why the 30mA RCD incomer :evil:
1334074755.jpg

Dish washer (lovely and clean). 5300watts.....and connected via the following pic....
1334074759.jpg

5300watt dishwasher...
1334074936.jpg

Sponsored Links
Trying to get me head around the first pic. I'm guessing that's a MEM board and incomer but the spark thought that Protek breakers would be cheaper?
Wonderful!

Very brave of you to remove the CU cover with it still switched on ;)

And in PIC4. Is that brown wire good for 63amp? Looks like the neutrals are melting too...

hidesbehindsofa.gif

Looks more like a protek board with the main switch replaced with MEM

@ first pic ,Thought you were a fluke fan Lec :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Because its done by a regular who thinks he can in exchange for a few pints!

I've stopped doing work in pubs now as I know that the landlord will never pay the cost of putting everything right and will try and pressurise me into adding onto the bodge jobs...

You can always do the PIR and not the remedial - I certainly don't want to get involved in this remedial at all! Having spend three half days on site, there was so much more than these pics in the end.

Pubs are not all bad, we work for several pubs, and a couple small chains, and they are very good at spending!

If you're working for the breweries / managed houses then they don't tend to be too bad. It's the lease hold pubs that try and do everything on the cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back