A question about disconnecting a gas cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a few questions about disconnecting an old gas cooker and connecting up a new (2nd hand ) one.

This is the current set up with the old gas cooker connected.
c76b9526.jpg

My first question is, how do I disconnect the old gas cooker? Does the fitting at the end of the hose by the wall just pull out or does it unscrew? Thanks for any help.
Cheers
ives

Sponsored Links
Looks like a standard bayonet fitting, push and turn a small amount then pull out, a bit like a bayonet light bulb fitting.

The question gets asked a lot on whether or not you need a corgi registered plumber to disconnect/reconnect.

thanks mate.
Much appreciated.

My next question is, if I get a replacement gas cooker and swap over the hose from the old cooker to the new one, can I just plug it back and it should work fine or have I missed something obvious here?
This is the current connection between the hose and the cooker:
aa668916.jpg

Is this a pretty standard connection?
I know my cooker is many years old.

I understand I also need to get it checked by a CORGI engineer,

cheers
ives

If you're going to get it checked by a corgi engineer then just get them to do the job it won't cost any difference.

I'm no expert and personally I get a local gas bloke in to do anything with gas.

I'd have thought you'd be safest to use a new flexible pipe though rather than your old one.

Have you seen those recent house explosions on the news recently? I'm sure they were both following a diy cooker replacement :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
If you're going to get it checked by a corgi engineer then just get them to do the job it won't cost any difference.

I'm no expert and personally I get a local gas bloke in to do anything with gas.

I'd have thought you'd be safest to use a new flexible pipe though rather than your old one.

Have you seen those recent house explosions on the news recently? I'm sure they were both following a diy cooker replacement :rolleyes:

thanks.
Maybe I should do that

Dont mess with it get a gas fitter to do it.

Go the gas safe register find an engineer section,type in your postcode all the local gas fitters will come up look at "view our engineers" and choose one you like the look of .......its like a rogues gallery ! :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back