A1 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old A1 AJ400 alarm system fitted in my house and recently the siren box an the outside wall cam down in the gales. I cannot trace the company to find a replacement, the dummy boxes are either too slimline to house the equipment, now exposed to the weather, or they have a backplate which I don't want. Does anyone have a suggestion please? Either the company who took over A1, a new phone number for A1 or an alternative box with the wall fixing holes on the front. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Any bellbox should be ok fit a Pyronix deltabell as this can be negative (most common ) or positive tamper return
A1 went years ago bought by ADE who was bought by Honeywell ( all made in China now )

Thanks, I seem to be going round in circles, I was given a number for Honeywell who weren't very helpful and had never heard of A1, too long ago I suppose. I checked out Pyronix deltabell but they all seem to have a backplate to house the lights and stuff, so they won't fit over my siren and cables. But thanks for taking the time to reply.

It's not going to happen ! Just replace the whole unit, the parts up there are cheap and nasty and probably corroded to hell...nice new bellbox around £25 if you can fit it yourself !

Sponsored Links
Thanks, you're right. With all the effort required to climb up to fit it a new one would probably be the best option. Would any new bell box and siren be compatible with the rest of my old system?

IMG_1685.PNG Post a picture of your alarm panel
Does it look like this ?

It looks very like that one which is the Response Alarms version. Are they still in business I wonder. The external siren enclosure picture is exactly like the one I am looking for, thanks. I checked their website, their new B&Q ones look very different but I've emailed Response to check for a fit. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• 1-P1080477.JPG
    1-P1080477.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 197
Thanks a million. What I need is the 2 zone version of this one. The box is different on the 4 zone shown as it doesn't have the wall fixing holes on the front so it must have a backplate. It has however narrowed down my search on EBay & elsewhere. Thank you for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back