The outside alarm box is flashing red. Any idea why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a melcom k6600 house alarm. The outside alarm box is flashing red (although no siren). Any idea why?
I have a melcom k6600 house alarm. The outside alarm box is flashing red (although no siren) which it never did before. The control panel does not show a fault. Any idea what the issue could be?

Sponsored Links
Thanks John
I don't think its the strobe. There is a blue strobe on the alarm which is activated if the alarm is tripped. This light just flashes on for a second and then off again continuously. We had an issue where one of the alarm triggers in the house was knocked (by our painter) and we had an 'alarm tamper' message on the box. But this issue has since been resolved. Could this be related?

It's prolly always been there and you never noticed it.

Sponsored Links
if it just a flashing LED its c comfort LED, this will flash at all times to let you know its powered and also to let peeps know that its a live box.

Thanks, I am starting to think that its the red strobe that is flashing rather than the LED. If this was the case, any thoughts on what the issue would be?

Did you reset it after an alarm activation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back