Accenta alarm help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , i've just switched the mains power off for the house to carryout some junction box work (which includes the cable for the alarm). After approx 20 mins the alarm siren went off. After i had completed the cable work i switched the power back on at the mains. The alarm siren stopped, but the key pad does not show power on it, the Mains control box does indicate power on the panel and the blue light out side is flashing.
any ideas
David.

Sponsored Links
firstly you need a new alarm battery. as for the keypad is it totally dead? have you tried pressing any buttons yet? if pressing the buttons doesn`t bring it back to life. what to do is take the mains and battery off the system . wait a few seconds and put the mains back on. then your alarm should burst into life. put the code in to stop the noise. battery back in the main box close the lid, then press reset. should sort the problem. mind to get yourself a new battery for the main panel.

The numbers on the key pad are illuminated, but there is no power light on, i've tried pressing the buttons, nothing happens. I've looked on the screwfix website and they sell, three types of batteries, do you know what is the battery type number is.

thanks
David

your system has locked out! try taking the red led off ya battery and cut the mains! either by the fuse in the panel or fuse spur next to the panel or the fuse at fuse baord. try connecting battery again then main! punch in ya code..... all should be fine now! what system do you have as ill tell you what battery you need! ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, the system name is Accenta 8 hope that's enough info for you to go on.

Thanks again all for the info, it's a great help

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back