Accenta 6 alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone could advise on this please? We have the above alarm installed which has worked fine in the past but we have not used for a number of months.

I noticed today that the remote keypad backlight is working but no other indicators are lit (no power led or day led etc) and the keypad does nothing when the keys are pressed.

The power indicator on the main panel is lit ok so I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to get this resolved please?

Because the keypad is not functioning I obviously cannot enter any codes so if I open the main panel to check things there I would have no means of resetting the alarm if it triggers.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably a faulty battery , it may have stalled a down power and new battery might cure it .

Can I recommend you look to see what the charging resister on the right side of the main circuit board looks like.
If you have an onboard keypad it will be underneath the keypad.
There are some pictures on the team security Facebook page. If it looks like its burnt out or burning out then I'm sorry to say you will need to replace the control panel. Because the panel will kill your new battery within a year.

If it looks OK then you will need a new battery then you will have to completely down power the panel from all mains electric and battery. Power up with the new battery first, the alarm will go off put your code in (if your code doesn't work use 0123 its the default code for this panel)
Next connect the mains and close the lid, next if its all OK press reset and hopefully you can use your alarm again. If you had to use the default 0123 code then you will need to reprogrammed your user code (refer to your user Manuel)
Good luck and be careful as there is 230volts ac inside your panel and this can and will kill you if you don't know what you are doing.

Sponsored Links
"Can I recommend you look to see .......... ", don't bother to do that, the problem IS the battery, replace it.

It is amazing the strange faults that a faulty battery can throw up, that's one of them.

Last edited:
I agree it is the battery! But if the battery has been in a faulty condition for some time then there is a high chance that the charging resistor is damaged (burning up from over heating) I have seen this no end of times on the older ADE range (optima and accents range mostly)

And he will have to follow the guidance I gave to get the panel working again as he has already said the panel is locked up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back