Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved house a couple of months ago and we didn't have any contact with the last owner as it was the family selling the house. The house has an old Accenta alarm system, it seems to be in good order but the problem is we don't have any of the codes to reset the system. I opened up the alarm panel cover to see if there was any service history/contact details and this is how I know it works as the anti tamperer switch set the alarm off. I had to turn off the mains power supply and take out the battery back up to get it to stop.
There are some contact details on the external bell cover and I've tried to get in touch with them but the company doesn't seem to be still trading.

Can any one help, is there any way of resetting without any existing codes?

Sponsored Links
Google and get manual from manufacturers site.
It is not well worded, but essentially turn off main supply and remove panel battery. Bell box may sound. Wait a couple of minutes. Panel reverts to m/f default original codes.Replace battery, close panel and restore mains.Silence with the default codes
May have to reprogrsm the various zones if m,/f settings are not suitable. Details in manual, although confusing.
Set own codes as per manual.

Really ...... Best of luck with that !....it will depend on the age of your accenta on how to reset it .you may be better posting a picture of the control panel and keypad

I've cut the power supply and taken out the battery back, so I was hoping it just might revert back to the factory default setting (0123)
I'll have to post a photo next weekend.

Sponsored Links
For anyone else who might read the above, powering down any control panel, mains & battery WILL NOT reset the panel to defaults, it's a SECURITY SYSTEM for heaven's sake, not a toy.

Sorry. Omitted key point. Apologies.

Within 5 secs of repowering up, press reset,reset .
(Have assumed it is accents G3,)

Getting as precious about the security profession as the gas folk.
This is a DIY forum and can help DIY enthusiasts avoid trades charges, for easy jobs.
I think any self respecting criminal would have the ability to acquire this knowledge but I doubt it would be worth the effort and necessary scheming to benefit from it by an attack on premises that had decided that their protection need was covered by a domestic simple system. A low life scrout would not have the time and planning ability to benefit.

gas and alarms not the same thing, gas is probably more dangerous, but doing either wrong could kill.

The defaulting procedure is in most manuals and most can be found on the net anyway, however posting it in a public forum puts all users at a higher level of risk of security being breached, then alarm installers protect there customers by stopping panels from being defaulted. this then can cost money to unlock/ replace the alarm. Admittedly as for burglars defaulting the panel to disable it quickly without making much fuss is slim. Its a bit like leaving your keys in the car.

Higher risk, as for easy jobs defaulting panels is easy (well some are) making sure they work properly afterwards isn't always so easy given the stuff I have seen by those trying to follow a manual.

Remember higher risk, doesn't mean it will happen just means you have more chances of it happening. Seen a few sites where little has been taken but the burglars have gone to a little more effort than the reward would justify some things give them more time.

That's why its better to have a keypad/prox station in the hallway than have the alarm panel in the hallway on display.

You'll know when it becomes a major issue as the insurance companies will probably stop offering insurance if the panel isn't locked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back