Accenta mini 8 cover removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anybody help please
I have a Accenta 8 alarm system and Iam getting very intermittent Tamper alarms displayed having to input my user code and pressing reset to stop the low sounder /strobe.
Can any body advise me do I have to input the usser code or the engineers code before I take off the main control panel cover I don't want to upset the neighbour with false alarm while I check the battery.
My problems that the keypad is by front door but the control box is in the loft I now find it difficult in having to get into and out of the lofty easily nearly 70 now.hope someone can advise
Thanks Buzzy

Sponsored Links
Prog "9999" standard eng code pa light comes on , if not engineer code changed ... Or go in lift open cover , internal sounder only sounds , not bell enter code to stop .... When done re- fit cover press reset .

Thanks for response to post
So what you are saying is to input engineer code will stop alarm going off before I lift cover???.
Does this also apply if I have to remove cover on outside to check battery.
If the alarm goes off on removing cover do I use my code or engineer code
Sorry if Iam being a bit of a pain but just want to make sure iamm doing it right before I navigate my loft.
Thanks buzzy

Sponsored Links
Battery in box in loft , if engineer code does not work , then you will have to put user code in to stop internal sounder, as for outside box it should ring if cover removed( if installed correct) this will ring while the tamper switch is open , close it , it stops

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back