Accenta Mini G4 Tamper Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have installed a Accenta Mini G4 system and it has been working for 2 months with no problem.
Yesterday the alarm was unset and RKP just started bleeping.
It is now stuck on Tamper loop lockout.
I have tried to reset using engineer code but nothing.
I have put a jumper across the tamper terminals but the fault is still there.
So it can not be any of the sensors.
If i undo the bell box the siren sounds, so that tamper must be working.
Does anyone have any ideas ?
Do i have to power down to get the system to check for the fault again?
If i undo the keypad the siren sounds so that must be working also.

Im ready to throw it out the window.

Sponsored Links
You said you had tried linking out the tamper terminal. Try linking out the bell tamper at the control unit. In fact link out any tamper at the control end and check that when you put the lid back on, you hear the lid tamper click. If the tamper resets then one at a time remove the links till you find out where the fault is.

Hope this helps

Grahame

Yes , sab T and A The outside sounder might activate when you take the wire out of A as this supplys a permanent -ve to the sounder. But just let it ring for testing purposes or you can put this wire to the 0v to stop it ringing.

Grahame

Sponsored Links
Grahame thanks for your help.
I have looped the bell box tamper and the lockout has stopped.
Is the only thing to check the tamper switches in the boxes?
I have now noticed, it will not let me put the engineer code in, it says incorrect code, but it has not been changed. Is this because the loop is connected ?

Did you use "prog" eng code ? not just entering the eng code on its own.

Sorry forgot you have the lcd display. There is no prog button.

The engineer code should not have changed just by a tamper fault

from the research I've done on the net the Accent g4 compact is nothing but trouble . I'm on my 3rd ( different problem each time) panel in 4 months.
got exactly the same problem now; the bell wont stop + giving a tamper lockout ( if the bell isn't attached it's perfect ) with no tamper code.
I spoke to the company's support and they had me changing fuses and getting metre readings off this and that part of the board, but none of their advise worked. so having swapped the panel again
going to try looping the T and A of the bell on the panel.. if that doesn't work it goes in the bin and I'll use a different manufacturer.

If I'd been installing this equipment on people houses I'd be well and truly in the pooh!!

Solved the problem of the bell going off and not stopping with no tamper code.

Try putting a loop between the T and A markers of the SCB section of the board.

You shouldn't have to do this but the idiots at honeywell seem to be selling their customers short of information and support isn't exactly great.

after a power cut alarm not working and tamper button lit.
i resolved it by doing the following.
turned off electric
opened up the main control panel
disconnected the red and black wire battery wires.
turned on electric
alarm went off, silenced it
reconnected the battery using a electrical screwdriver
screwed the cover to the control box on - very important as the spring is also a tamper sensor im sure.
all working ok
when i can borrow a volt meter i will check the battery is still strong as i have read if its gets weak it is not strong enough to power up.

hope this helps.. im not an expert tho i saved a few quid by not calling out eng.

Solved the problem of the bell going off and not stopping with no tamper code.

Try putting a loop between the T and A markers of the SCB section of the board.

You shouldn't have to do this but the idiots at honeywell seem to be selling their customers short of information and support isn't exactly great.

LOL, but now the bell tampers arent monitored!!

Why are they selling thier customers short? DIY fitters arent their customers, its Alarm co's, so that's why 'support' isnt easily available

We still fit the odd one if an original Accenta has been damaged or what not and they are fine, totally fit for purpose. If someone has fitted 4.................. there is a problem on site. Probably overloading the system in some way. Any NSI/SSAIB co will do a full readings check on commission of any system. This isnt for show, its to make sure everything is correctly set up.

:rolleyes:

after a power cut alarm not working and tamper button lit.
i resolved it by doing the following.
turned off electric
opened up the main control panel
disconnected the red and black wire battery wires.
turned on electric
alarm went off, silenced it
reconnected the battery using a electrical screwdriver
screwed the cover to the control box on - very important as the spring is also a tamper sensor im sure.
all working ok
when i can borrow a volt meter i will check the battery is still strong as i have read if its gets weak it is not strong enough to power up.

hope this helps.. im not an expert tho i saved a few quid by not calling out eng.

Correct you aint no expert. I await another power cut, hopefully at 2am.

When will people get the message that a multi-meter is not the the correct way to test a battery?

Never mind, we still try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back