Accessibility of junction boxes

I am unsure I would be able to do that as I have 3 switches on a single gang plate and the switches are MK Edge. With the Edge range alot of the switchgear fits in the backbox (the front plates is only 1.5mm) removing wiring space. I have fitted 47mm deep backboxes but am unsure of how much wiring I can install in the backbox

Sponsored Links
The Click-Flow in particular, were designed as much for ELV downlights, that needed disconnecting from the circuit for testing.

I have Click-Flows throughout my upstairs lighting circuit, they have replaced the original JB's as they allow me to disconnect a room from the circuit really easily if I want to work on it without having to kill the whole circuit
Yup - they are more luminaire couplers than junction boxes.

47mm??? Easy peasy. You will only need to have 5 cables in the box (Loop in, loop out, 3 switches). You could do that in a 25mm box.

With a traditional arrangement you would still have 3 cables in the box so it's really not that much more, you just need to make sure the cables are dressed tidily if you think you're pushed for space

I am unsure I would be able to do that as I have 3 switches on a single gang plate and the switches are MK Edge. With the Edge range alot of the switchgear fits in the backbox (the front plates is only 1.5mm) removing wiring space. I have fitted 47mm deep backboxes but am unsure of how much wiring I can install in the backbox
You can always go deeper...

EG135_20140306111255.jpg

Sponsored Links
The downlighters I propose to use are Aurora and according to the tech guys there will allow 2 x 1.5mm cables

Therefore you do not require any junction boxes in the ceiling void, simply loop in to the switch and daisy chain the light fittings. Personally I would use 1.00mm cable, it is in almost all domestic installation suitable for lighting circuits regardless of method of installation.
1.00mm will allow an easier termination regarding space in terminals and in enclosures.

I am glad you have stuck with us on this topic and now seen practical, logical sense on this method. Not all application are the same especially when fitting to existing cables, but if you can avoid junction boxes do so, regardless of accessibility.

OK guys, I'll come back and advise. Many thanks Paul
Thanks for your PM. However, I can't reply to it, because you have configured your forum membership such as to only accept PMs from 'friends'. Could you please either undo that, or else make me a 'friend'? Thanks.
Paul, if you want me to respond to your PM (maybe you don't), you will need to facilitate it, as above. I have sent you a 'friend request'.

Kind Regards, John

Cheers John, I will try and sort this, I had trouble previously. Thanks for your assistance

Cheers John, I will try and sort this, I had trouble previously. Thanks for your assistance
The simplest solution is probably for you just to accept my 'friend invitation'. You can always 'unfriend' me subsequently if you so wish!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back